Wednesday, October 23, 2013

pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}


pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
There was one point in time that I thought beer bread could only be made from a box, well actually a lot of  baked goods I thought were made from a box. What can I say, I am a product of the 80's and early 90's where convenience food was king. Don't get me wrong, we ate plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, birthday cakes were homemade (the cake being from a box) with my moms homemade frosting. It wasn't until I started baking on my own in my early 20's, that I began experimenting with making baked goods from scratch. Baking from scratch can seem intimidating at first, you will have some failures (we all do!) but you will also have some amazing baked goods coming from your oven in no time!


pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
This recipe is super simple, I would consider any quick bread to be an excellent starting point when first learning to bake from scratch - mix, pour and bake, as easy as 1,2,3.

pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy} pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
Often we pair our quick breads with soup or chili, this is the time of year Justin and I crave all things warm and hearty- this pumpkin beer bread fits right in. I have been making this bread for the past couple of months, any beer can be used, the type of beer used will change the flavor of the bread slightly. The darker the beer the more robust & deep tasting your bread will be. A lighter beer allows the flavors of the cinnamon and pumpkin to really shine through.
pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}

pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy} pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
You can either bake these in a full size loaf tin or mini loaf tins. I prefer the latter, simply because Justin and I do not need to eat our weight in beer bread within 2 days. Making the mini loaves allows us to enjoy the bread the day it is baked and freeze a few for later. The bread freezes really well and reheats easily.
pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
When did you dive into the world of homemade baked goods? 
Are you a fan of beer bread? 
If you have an alternative to beer  in the recipe feel free to mention it in the comments!
pumpkin beer bread {quick & easy}
Pumpkin Beer Bread
Makes 1 full loaf or 4-6 mini loaves

you will need:
1 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 1/2 cups Spelt Flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp POW Salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) - 15oz can
1 -12oz vegan pumpkin beer
2 tbsp Earth balance butter - melted

assembly:
pre heat oven to 350* 

Grease your loaf tin(s) with vegan butter or spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine flours though baking soda (you can choose to sift, but it is not necessary).
Add Pumpkin and Beer to the flour and mix until all the flour is well moistened- do not over mix, it is okay if your batter is lumpy.

Pour the batter in your prepared pan(s), drizzle the melted vegan butter over the batter. Bake in a pre heated oven for 50-60 minutes for a large loaf tin or 20-35 minutes for the smaller loaves. Test the center of the loaf with a skewer, when the skewer pulls out clean or with a few moist crumbs your bread is done.

Cool for about 10 minutes prior to slicing.

Enjoy with additional butter!
Yum

33 comments:

  1. i've never had beer bread! this bread has the most beautiful color- it is perfect for fall!

    i haven't baked in forever, but i'm looking forward to making cookies soon for my halloween party! maybe i'll make some sweet bread, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty color isn't :) Can't wait to see your Halloween pics!

      Delete
  2. I cut my baking teeth on cookies and quick breads as a kid. I loved making nutty banana breads and cornbread. I think I'll always love making them, especially in Fall when dense rich spicy breads smell so good in the oven and you can slather on vegan cream cheese, sip on a cup of hazelnut coffee and get all warmed up inside. :)
    I think Sprecher Winter Brew with its "sweet caramel malts" or New Glarus Winter Warmer with its "roasted toffee notes" might work well in your recipe...? Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I used to love making breads, cookies and cinnamon rolls for the Jiff quick baking mixes :) oooo those sound like good brews for this bread!

      Delete
  3. I love the gorgeous bread, such a lovely colour and flavour :D
    Beer and pumpkin? Wonderful job!

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking love beer bread... and I've only ever made it from a mix! WTH is wrong with me?? Especially since, other than spelt flour, I have that entire ingredient list at home in my pantry!

    What is POW salt though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot the link to POW Salt! http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.blogspot.com/2013/04/diy-kitchen-series-flavored-salts.html ....I thought the same thing, Why did it take me this long to make my own beer bread!

      Delete
    2. Great, thanks! I'm totally making this... I'll let you know how it turns out :)

      Delete
  5. this is something hubbs would devour in one sitting! i cant stand the smell of beer, but he loves it. so obviously he will eat the whole thing by himself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have hubbs make it for you with light beer!

      Delete
  6. how many ounces should the pumpkin puree be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that - 15oz, I have updated the recipe.

      Delete
  7. I've never tried beer bread before, but pumpkin beer bread is actually on my list of things that I want to make, and I think I might try it this week! Loaves tend to be the most difficult baked good for me to get right...I find it hard to tell when its cooked properly so they end up underbaked or too dry. Hopefully I'll have better luck with my next loaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is super easy to make, I typically use a wooden skewer to test the center of each loaf, when it comes out semi clean they are ready ! :)

      Delete
  8. From this article you will get some tips on how to write essay and how to do it good. Maybe it could be useful

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really good post. Must admit that you are amongst the best bloggers I have read. Thanks for posting this informative article. I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.
    Canon Printer Offline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    I also have written a blog related to Error 0x000003eb hit this to solve your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Your blog is very informative. It is nice to read such high-quality content. Attractive information on your blog, thank you for taking the time and share with us.
    How to Setup iPhone Without SIM Card

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Hawkee.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  13. an incredible percentage! I’ve genuinely forwarded this onto a colleague who changed into accomplishing
    a piece homework on this. And he in reality provided me breakfast due to the fact that i stumbled upon it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank you for the meal!! However yeah, thanx for spending time to speak about this
    difficulty proper here in your blog. Wow, first rate weblog format! How prolonged have you ever been running a blog for?
    You made running a blog look smooth. The general appearance of your internet site is first-rate, in addition to the content
    material! Hey! I could have sworn i’ve visited this blog before but after browsing thru a number of the posts i realized it’s new to
    me. Though, i’m in truth glad i got here throughout it and that i’ll be ebook-marking it and checking once more frequently! Nicely
    i’m not writing all that another time. Anyways, just desired to mention fantastic blog!

    Here's my website : -- 부산오피
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beschermingsniveau

    CE Cat. III, Type 5B, 6B

    EN 13982-1:2004 Type 5 – Bescherming tegen vaste stof die gevaarlijk zijn voor de gezondheid

    Beschermende kleding voor gebruik tegen droge deeltjes. Prestatie-eisen voor beschermende kleding die het hele lichaam beschermt tegen vaste deeltjes in de lucht. Deze beschermende pakken voldoen aan de eis voor Ljmn82/90< 30=”” %=”” and=”” ls8/10=””>< 15=””>

    EN13034:2005 Type 6 – Bescherming tegen kleine spatten

    Beschermende kleding tegen vloeibare chemicaliën. Prestatie-eisen voor chemische beschermende kleding die een beperkte beschermende vorm tegen vloeibare chemicaliën biedt. De beschermende pakken hebben de volledige test voor pakken ondergaan (5.2). Beschermende kleding tegen giftige stoffen. SOCIAL ACCOUNTS
    https://www.facebook.com/Blauwe-Overalls-106875348564929 Kat. III TYPE 5/6 Chemische spuitdichte overall

    ReplyDelete


  15. Look for some stylish and trending fashion outfits with amazing discounts? So Check our latest collection of Yellowstone Season 4 Jackets

    ReplyDelete
  16. superslot เกมสล็อตยอดนิยม หนึ่งในคำตอบที่จะทำให้คุณเล่น สล็อต อันดับ 1 เมืองไทยที่นักพนันออนไลน์ต้องรู้จักในเวลานี้
    โดนใจ สนุกไปกับการลงเดิมพันออนไลน์ ทดลองเล่นสล็อต ทุกค่ายมาไว้ในที่เดียว จะเป็นดังมากมาย ทั้ง slotxo , pg slot สมัครยูสเซอร์เดียว เล่นได้เลย

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ça a l'air tellement croustillant et délicieux. Je veux essayer d'en manger une fois dans ma vie. Vraiment délicieux Avatar The Way of Water

    ReplyDelete
  18. Executive-Education.id is an academic institution that gives tutoring services where tutors come to the home, to ensure students can study ... visit https://privatmurah.vercel.app/les-privat-jakarta-timur-murah.html for more information

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ideal and Most economical Jabodetabek Non-public Instructions, our own team plus tutors arrive to your home, placed your individual examine program which enables it to select any kind of industry with analyze ... click https://privat-inggris.netlify.app/kursus-bahasa-inggris-jatinegara.html for further

    ReplyDelete
  20. You may will discover a cheaper fee than the table above, make certain again in regards to the qualifications in the teacher / Kindergarten teacher recommended for you ... for more information https://lesprivat-exed.blogspot.com/2022/03/les-privat-kebayoran-baru-1-terbaik.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - your comments make my day!