Wednesday, April 23, 2014

spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans

spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans I totally go through food phases. Currently, I am obsessing over tofu scrambles, I can't get enough of fresh spring rolls and tacos have become my new best friend. I have a feeling these tacos and I will be BFF's for a very long time- they totally make me *swoon*.

spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans This recipe is so awesome, especially if you are short on time. A few days during the week I am home later than typical due to a couple late night classes at the health club - I just started a new Barre class (ummm side note, has anyone tried this class out? It took me 4 days to recover!!!! It never takes me that long to recover - this class is pure craziness!) that ends at 7pm, which means I am not home until 7:15pm or so......so my point is; I want dinner on the table and in my belly like yesterday. Well, if you have the slaw in your fridge ready to go it does only take a matter of minutes to get dinner on the table, which makes me and my belly super happy.

spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
While the beans are quickly cooking away, you simply prep your fillings & fry up come corn tortillas- in our case we chop up some fresh tomato & green olives and dish out a bit of prepared salsa and already made slaw. To make it even easier you can skip the corn tortillas and replace with flour tortillas- personally I love corn tortillas, they are worth the extra few minutes it takes to fry up a batch.
spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
Lime, cumin, garlic and red onion are the main flavorings for the beans- for added heat toss in some chipotle in adobo or chili pepper. A bit of water is added to help with the moisture content, canned beans or great in a pinch or if you have a batch in your freezer / fridge even better! Black , navy or kidney beans would also work really well in place of the pinto beans.

spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
Quick, easy, filling and delish- what more do you need in a weeknight meal?  Plus they're TACOS- who doesn't love Tacos? If you don't you must be crazy....just kidding, sort of.
spring tacos // lime cumin pinto beans
Spring Tacos ~ Lime Cumin Pinto Beans
makes filling for 8 small tacos

you will need:

for the pinto beans
(1) 15oz can pinto beans , about 2 cups 
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
3 tbsp diced red onion
1 tsp olive oil
dash maple bourbon sherry (optional)
1/4 cup - 1/3 cup water
juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime

8 corn tortillas + canola oil for frying 
or
8 small flour tortillas

fillings
sliced green olives
Kumato or other tomato- diced
salsa

assembly:
In a medium fry pan heat olive oil over medium heat - saute garlic and red onion until translucent. Add cumin, beans, sherry & water. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 - 8 minutes. Add lime juice, keep warm until ready to serve.

In another fry pan, heat canola oil over medium high heat- working with one tortillas at a time pan fry each side until golden brown. Remove and repeat.

Fill tacos with beans, slaw, tomatoes, olives and salsa.

Enjoy!

 
Yum

33 comments:

  1. Taco everything, looove! I so agree about Barre class, even my neck muscles hurt after taking one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, before my first class I was like this will be a piece of cake so relaxing- yeah, 5 minutes into the class I was dripping sweat and had the shakiest legs!

      Delete
  2. I was actually looking at that class the other day... now I'm scared! Not scared of these tacos tho, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Barb! It totally gets better the more you do it, I can actually walk across the room to get my Pilates mat without feeling like my legs are going to collapse- it is one of my fave classes now!

      Delete
  3. I looove the looks of these! Totally fabulous for the season...plus, taco-fying everything is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these tacos look fabulous! i want dunk my face into that Napa Sriracha slaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Justin wanted to do the same but he restrained himself :)

      Delete
  5. I remember when I did a barre-style workout video at home- I hurt so much for the next few days I never did it again! I'm sure it would have gotten better but that terrified me! Haha

    These look awesome! Haven't made tacos in ages! Although I'm weirdly into the idea of stuffing this filling into rice paper and frying that tin a pan...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely gets better after the first couple of classes- it is one of my favorite workouts now! Practically everything is awesome wrapped up in rice paper, why not!

      Delete
  6. Made these tacos just as you prescribed and they were delicious!! Loved the sriracha slaw - it added a delicious and healthy crunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy to hear Donna! Thank you for taking the time to stop over to share your experience :)

      Delete
  7. I've never tried a barre class, but I know what you mean about getting home late from the gym and wanting dinner right away - sometimes I don't even want to shower first! Easy meals with pre-prepared components are definitely helpful. I never think of making tacos for myself at home, but that should change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you be able to post your recipe for the corn tortillas? I looked through some of your other posts but didn't find it. I'm not vegan but into healthy eating and these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Thanks for dropping by :) I actually purchase my corn tortillas (trader joes) and fry them up in a pan with some canola oil until both sides are a bit golden and starting to crisp up a bit. I have a tortilla press but have yet to make my own tortillas- it's definitely on the to do list!

      Delete
  9. Oh, my gosh, these look AMAZING! I love it that you fry your own shells too. These must be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, when is the Barre class held, it's at LASC? Sue B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs B! I actually go to Fitness Edge in Meredith now (since January), they offer Barre Classes twice on Tuesday and Thursday- I still have my membership at LASC on hold in case I would like to come back (I do miss the instructors!)

      Delete
  11. you're making my mouth water! can't wait for a visit to the fleet nation...and it won't be complete without a baby FBM or a morning trip to the wicked.However, if you want to buy a custom logo click here.
    custom logo design company

    ReplyDelete
  12. alcohol online
    looking for a space where you can wet your thirsty throat! buy alcohol online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you quite much for discussing this type of helpful informative article.
    Will certainly stored and reevaluate your Website.

    Try to check my webpage ::: 안마
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  14. U maak hier soveel goeie punte dat ek u artikel 'n paar keer gelees het. U sienings is meestal in ooreenstemming met my eie. Dit is 'n uitstekende inhoud vir u lesers.


    https://www.totositehot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this vital information with us.
    I am passionate about it and have thoroughly loved learning more about it. oreo tv for pc

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge. Thanks For Tips. Windows 10 Activator txt

    ReplyDelete

  17. يتمتع كل فرد من أفراد الأسرة بالسباحة والرش داخل المسبح في أيام الصيف الحارة. يعد الحفاظ على نظافة مياه حمام السباحة أمرًا مهمًا حتى تكون أنت وعائلتك في مأمن من الجراثيم والبكتيريا والفيروسات.
    إذا لم تكن قد اعتنيت بأحواض السباحة من قبل ، فقد تبدو المهام صعبة بعض الشيء في البداية.
    من خلال الحفاظ على نظافة حمام السباحة الخاص بك وإجراء الصيانة الدورية عليه ، يمكنك الحفاظ على المياه متوازنة وصافية للاستمتاع طوال الموسم.

    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام


    تعتبر مشكلة تسرب المياه مشكلة مهمة ، فإذا أهمل ذلك سوف يسبب الكثير من الضرر سواء كان مادياً أواً.
    إصابات ، تسرب المياه
    العيوب في المجرى المائي هي التي تسبب التجمع حول الأنابيب سواء في الأكواع أو الصنابير أو خزانات المياه أو حمامات السباحة ، إذا أدى الإهمال إلى تآكل الخرسانة وانهيار المبنى مما قد يتسبب في خسارة مادية أو خسارة في الأرواح.
    شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  18. hank you for sharing this vital information with us.
    I am passionate about it and have thoroughly loved learning more about it.
    thoptv for pc
    oreo tv for pc
    Kissanime
    Download alexa app for windows 10 pc

    ReplyDelete


  19. Look for some stylish and trending fashion outfits with amazing discounts? So Check our latest collection of Yellowstone Season 4 Jackets

    ReplyDelete
  20. pg slot wow slot pg แจกเครดิตฟรี ทุกยอดฝาก superslot เว็บสล็อตคัดสรร ที่นี่นอกจากจะเล่นเกมสล็อตได้เต็มประสิทธิภาพแล้ว ยังมีเกมให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 300 เกม พวกเขายังให้โบนัสและเครดิตฟรี ทดลองเล่นสล็อต โดยไม่ต้องกลัวขาดทุนเลย ทางเข้า pg slot

    ReplyDelete
  21. State Council for Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Himachal Pradesh Going to Conduct 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Public Examination 2023, HP Board Primary School Annual Examination Will be Held on Every Year Month of February / March, HP Board Announce 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, HP Board 4th Class Model Paper 5th Date Sheet 2023 at Official Website, Students Download HP Board 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Model Question Paper 2023 at Official Website Subject in English, Maths, Science, EVS etc, Students will also Understand the Exam Pattern, Blueprint and Level of Difficulty HP 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Question Papers 2023 plays a very important role in the Analysis of a Students’ Preparation level.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my gosh, these look AMAZING! I love it that you fry your own shells too
    Kursi Tamu Mewah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - your comments make my day!